Thursday, May 21, 2009

Workshop 1: InstantRails podcasts

I have now listened to the entire series twice. It is not a bad way to pass the time on my commute. I guess I am looking forward to moving on from listening about Ruby on Rails at a conceptual level to getting my hands dirty in code and application development. A few observations first: I certainly hope that using ruby is fun, because Michael and Christopher kept telling me that using ruby was going to be "more fun" Having lived in the Visual Studio IDE for the past 5 years or so developing winforms apps, where seemingly all the tools are in one location, to be told I need to use a text editor, command line interface, subversion, etc etc etc was seemingly sounding like a step backwards. And this is going to be "more fun"? And then there is episode 8. Its all about the Mac. I chuckled to myself just a little thinking about apple - windows flame wars. Well now to get back into looking at what we need to do to get this workshop underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment