Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Exercise 6: First attempt

Well just going from the notes I thought I would just create a html file and open it in a browser. (did I tell you that what I know about php was what was written in the exercise?) So I dutifully copied the exercise code into notepad, saved it as exercise6.html, and opened it in IE8. I am sure that you will all be as surprised as I was to see that the screen was blank. Well so much for the short cut. Ok off to the web site http://php.net. I have now downloaded and installed WampServer 2.0h available from http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php This has loaded Apache 2.2.11,PHP 5.2.9, SQLitemanager,MySQL 5.1.33 Phpmyadmin As to what I do with any of this. I am sitting here scratching my head with not the first clue as to what needs to happen now. I have WAMP started and online. Well finally I have gotten the page to display. It doesnt work but thats another issue. I am surprised that I have any hair left. None of that was obvious. (Although in hindsite it should have been). My MySQL issues are continuing however. I get the following message Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:NO) trying to find the connection string settings in the php.ini file is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think i would rather find the needle. When trying to display the file for exercise 6 I was getting the Undefined variable REMOTE_ADDR which makes sense as Ken said in the notes that this is the UNIX environment variable. So I should be able to change it with the php equivalent of _SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] WRONG! Maybe it is a good time to ask for help. What is wrong with this code ?????: "; ?> What should this look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment